Report a minor car accident online instead of going to SAPS

Consumers can report a car accident online at and obtain a CRN (crash report number) for insurance purposes from the website.

According to the site only the following accidents may be reported online:

  • 4 or fewer vehicle involved
  • not a hit and run, and no injuries sustained or deaths

Where 5 or more vehicles were involved, where it’s a hit and run or where anyone was injured or killed, the accident must be reported to the nearest SAPS branch.

The online reports must be made within 24 hours of the accident or by the next working day. Reports are legally binding.  Reporting online is free of charge.

Share this post
  , , , , , , , ,